New Release: Thunder&Lightning 060203
Written by Jonas
Friday, 03 February 2006
The new release of Thunder&Lightning features smoothly chasing
views which bring a lot of fun and dynamic into the game. Experient
with it: F1 ... F6! Don't forget that you can control other units and even the tanks by pressing the N key. Switch off the AI pilot with A.
A missile warning will now alert you of incoming missiles, so you have time to evade.
Also, performance enhancements make the game much more playable.
Update: Windows version uploaded now.
- Boost libraries updated (no more "unknown compiler" warnings with gcc >3.4)
- Weak.h: Weak reference system introduced
- IActorStage.h: Keep a list of weakly linked actors (for views and other transient actors, e.g.)
- Weapon system reworked (weapon groups now handled inside Armament, much nicer for scripting and flexibility)
- Standard events handled in SimpleActor
- ChasingEngine.cc/h: new smoothly chasing views for tank and lightning
- Skeleton.h: support for frustum culling
- SimpleActor: optionally handles skeleton drawing now
- Io scripting: new mappings for Armament, Weapon and Targeter, changes in Game and SimpleActor
- New sound source management (needs further work)
Last Updated ( Friday, 03 February 2006 )